Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A thing of beauty

The most divine emotions known to man are happiness and hope. Perhaps the most intangible thing that can ever be, inexplicable, with no conformed boundaries or explanations. Every soul that graces this world has his/her own idea of it- for some it's money, for some it's love, for some it's the love for money, and so on.

There are several incidents and moments we come across that give us the feeling of hope and instills in us the true definition of mankind. When ordinary people around us achieve things that matters so much to them, that's happiness and hope. One such incident that enthralled me and lingers on my mind even today.

My housemaid was illiterate and hadn't been to school ever in her life. She was a single mother of two and was determined to provide her sons with quality education. Right from my junior classes, she used to ask me to give my old books to her so that her sons' could use them. I used to give her my books as there was a hope that I could contribute to a needy person. The feeling of hope and optimism made me help her as I could see how tenacious she was.

Her tenacity and will finally bore fruit as her elder son was able to clear his Class X board exams in flying colors. Nor did he get first division, but also stood first in his class. The most memorable moment was when my maid came to our house with her son and showed us his report card. The feelings cannot be put into words. That is one day which will always be etched in my memory. It was not blase or banal. It was something massive and pious. I felt that I'd contributed in a nobel cause. Well, today when I reflect upon it, I feel that it was the least I could have done and a smile quivers on my lips.

The famous John Keats proverb that immortalized him in English literature quips, " A thing of beauty is a joy forever". Indeed this incident was a thing of beauty. It gave hope to someone and smile to someone. There were no petty expectations or pretentions. It was sanctimonious.


Such amazing stories and anecdotes from our daily life makes us introspect and reflect on how much joy can giving give to us. A little bowl of broth can quench the hunger of a destitute, similarly a helping hand can go a long way in giving person hope and an objective to live. Housing.com also aims to touch lives of millions by providing them hope and fueling their ambitions. It is keen on providing the best services to its client base and make the world live better and thus breathe better.

The mantra for Housing is not just to redefine the way real estate is dealt with but also to make people live better and evolve. So, feel the change and  Look up!

1 comment: